Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Today I am preparing for our 20+ hour road to trip for our vacation in Sanibel Island, Florida.  I am not sure if I am crazy or not but thinking this vacation may prove to be an adventure!!  Wade will not be joining us on this vacation but the seven girls and twins will be traveling in our van to enjoy a week at the beach!!
We chose to go in May since the babies aren't crawling yet.  I thought this would be easier. After our trip to Branson last week, which is about two hours, I have realized I don't think that will matter.  It is just going to be interesting to find ways to entertain them and keep them comfortable in the vehicle.  We did purchase Roman a larger car seat.  He is a big boy weighing in at 19 lbs 12 oz at this six month checkup.  Renley weighs 14lbs 12 oz and likes her car seat.  The hard part is at this time they have toys that are meant to hang from the handle of the car seat and they love playing with them  Roman;s bigger car seat doesn't have a handle.  I came across an interesting toy that creates a bar and clamps to the bigger car seat or stroller at diapers.com.  I will let you know if it is a success.
I think my husband thinks I am mad crazy to want to try such a trip but being the good sport he is, has agreed to drive.   We will make the trip in two days.  Trying to cover twelve hours the first day leaving around two AM to hopefully take advantage of baby sleep time!!  I told my husband that if it was just horrible I am sure I could find bring the babies back on a plane and he could enjoy the ride home with the girls!!
I am so unsure of what to pack. I almost feel like taking everything in their dresser's!  LOL!  I am sure I will figure it out once I actually begin the packing.
This picture was taken on Mother's Day.  It was one of the best Mother's Day I have had. We attended church and then went to Silver Dollar City.  But what made it so special was spending the day with my daughters!  It was so much fun!

1 comment: